PAE, Inc Engineering Technician III in Norfolk, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Engineering Technician III
Duties/General Functions/Requirements/ Experience/Skills:
• Provide support to the Atlantic Targets and Marine Operations Division both on the east and west
• Responsibilities to include boat operations, maintenance on both mechanical and electrical systems.
• Applicant must be able to perform said duties with minimal supervision.
• Position will be a part of an established Marine Operations division that supports multiple other
Systems on a variety of projects nationwide.
• Candidate can expect to be trained to participate in functions beyond normal operations.
• Ability to potentially travel 40-50% 0f the year, from one to six weeks at a time.
• Ability to obtain a passport.
• Possess valid state driver’s license, Commercial Driver License is a plus.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Basic Microsoft Office proficiency
• Minimum 6 years in performing the stated functions. In lieu of post-high school education training, a total of 8 years’ experience in performing the stated functions
• General knowledge of boat operations, mechanical and electrical operating system.
• Experience with driving pickup trucks with trailers on the road and in enclosed or limited spaces.
• The employees can expect to work varying hours due to our customers' requirements. Will also be expected to repair or overhaul inboard and outboard marine engines as well as boat transmissions and generators.
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Trade school training a plus.
ASE or other mechanical certifications a plus. Work Conditions: The working conditions at our main building will vary from sitting a desk submitting data, reports, and completing work orders in a database to working in the shops (Engine & Engine Rebuild Shop, Metal Shop, Wood Shop, Paint Booth, and various administrative / support rooms and warehouse spaces. The employees operate small boats in both our local waters and off shore in the fleet operating areas. The environmental conditions will vary due to the nature of the requirements. Security Clearance :U S Citizenship required and ability to obtain a US DoD Interim Secret Security clearance. The ability to maintain clearance throughout employment is a condition of employment.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.