PAE, Inc Master Plumber - New Power Plant in Multiple Locations, Iraq
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Master Plumber - New Power Plant
POWER GENERATION MASTER PLUMBER
SUMMARY : The Power Generation Master Plumber will be based at one of four PAE sites in Iraq. Coordinate, execute, maintain, repair and install all types of plumbing equipment, domestic water systems, sewer systems, and related devices. Perform preventative maintenance (PM) programs, inspections and repairs; respond to emergency plumbing calls and maintain and repair all plumbing systems and services including valves. Must possess Master Plumber License. Reports to Power Facility Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily to meet or exceed manufacturer and equipment design performance specifications and life cycle/durability and to meet a required zero downtime performance metric. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency of duties, percent of time and work year may vary based on Post requirements.
Coordinate, troubleshoot, repair, inspect and maintain plumbing equipment including but not limited to faucets, lavatories, toilets, flush valves, sinks, water heaters, drinking fountains, backflow devices, valves, metering and control devices.
Perform routine and cyclic/repetitive preventative maintenance inspections and repairs within the facility including but not limited to domestic water systems and related devices and sanitary waste drainage systems.
Repair or replace water lines, tanks, fittings, supports and hangers, recirculation lines and sewer lines.
Respond to emergency plumbing repair/restoration and call out for all plumbing related systems.
Install new fixtures and associated devices and modify/rebuild existing systems, as tasked.
Provide labor and material estimates related to plumbing services for repairs, rehabilitations, service restoration, etc.
Maintain and repair all emergency eye wash and HVAC water and condensate drain lines and services, including piping, valves, strainers/filters, tanks (all types).
May assist other trades with piping, plumbing and repair services.
Perform any required seasonal startup or shutdown services.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma, completion of G.E.D., or equivalent vocational school or short term courses resulting in Master Plumbers License.
• Five or more years of experience in related trade. Experience as maintenance and repair technician in public power utility sector is preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Secret security clearance, including any required background investigations. And ability to attain and maintain security clearance while performing tasked work.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record required.
• Valid Master Plumber License required for hire. License shall be issued by US State or local jurisdiction. License shall be held and maintained during employment and while performing work.
• Backflow Prevention Certification preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Ability to perform math computations needed in trade.
• English language skills.
• Personal computer and keyboarding skills.
• Ability to promote and follow Power Generation Supervisor and US department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator. Shall be trained in NFPA and OSHA including asbestos awareness, confined space entry and electrical safety in the workplace.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Thorough knowledge of plumbing codes and regulations. Ability to read blue prints.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in area of certification prior to advancement to this level.
• Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals.
• Operating knowledge of general plumbing repair and maintenance equipment and efficient use of repair parts and tools required for hire.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.