PAE, Inc Senior Security Technician in Alexandria, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Security Technician
PAE is seeking an experienced Senior Security Technician to perform technical security system design, installation and maintenance worldwide. Candidates must have at least three years of relevant experience in technical security systems and possess the ability to test and troubleshoot TSS equipment, read schematics and maintenance manuals, solder and unsolder components, research parts availability and costs.
The Senior Security Technician must be experienced with:
· Reading, interpreting, and drawing electrical, electronic, and electromechanical schematics.
· Reading and interpreting building plans (blueprints).
· AC power distribution systems, motor-generators.
· Motors, motor controls, disconnects, relays.
· Low voltage DC electronic systems / electromechanical systems.
· Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
· Use, repair, and/or calibration of electronic test equipment – meters, oscilloscopes.
· Bench repair of electronic, electrical, and electromechanical equipment to the component level.
· Mechanical and electromechanical locking systems – electronic strikes, locks.
· Pedestrian and vehicular access control systems – door controls, vehicle barriers/arrest.
· Closed-circuit television systems (CCTV) systems – monitors, cameras, switchers
· Metal detectors – hand held, walk through.
· Radio communications systems, voice and digital communications networks.
· Intrusion Detection Systems – alarms, detectors, sensors.
· Public Address Systems – emergency notification systems, intercoms.
· Leading complex security system installation projects
· Supervising security technicians
Addition physical and environmental requirements:
This position requires up to 75% international travel. Willingness and ability to deploy to worldwide locations, some of which may be high threat areas, for extended periods is required. Position may be in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. Typical assignments are frequently performed in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions. Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with exposure to dust or dirt is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach above 98 degrees on a regular basis. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including routine lifting of objects 50-80 pounds such as drills, conduit benders, pipe threaders, cable pullers, and other equipment related to the electrical trade. Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment. This includes being able to work in confined areas, on buildings, underground, as well as in the building security rooms. Conducting work on high elevations on scaffolding may also be required.
Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day when travelling, some jobs may have varying daily and weekly minimums as needed to complete the project.Must successfully complete and pass the medical examinations as required by PAE. Must maintain physical requirements for duration of deployment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.